Mulderbosch releases latest vintage of its award-winning Chenin Blanc Steen-op-Hout 2017

The Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc Steen-op-Hout 2017 celebrates the 21st anniversary of crafting this deliciously delectable, lightly wooded (10%), food friendly winner. In celebration Mulderbosch has also made some packaging updates, moving away from a flint (clear) bottle and given the new package more gravitas with a darker coloured bottle and a pumpkin coloured capsule to indicate its sunny fruit flavours and light wooding.

The 2017 vintage consists of 72% tank fermented wine, while the remaining 28% was also fermented in tank, but drawn down to barrels after fermentation for maturation. The barrels were split 50/50 between 2nd and 3rd fill.

Sixty percent of the blend is from vines older than 30 years and the remainder older than 20 years.

Sourced from mature vines grown predominantly in Stellenbosch, with one component being grown in Darling, this is a great example of richly flavoured chenin blanc from an excellent vintage. It has wonderful ripeness, yet retains freshness and vibrancy from the first nose right through to the lasting finish. Ripe tropical aromas of mango, pineapple and papaya are lifted by a crisp, refreshing apple note. The palate is defined by a delicious fine mineral texture leading onto a succulent mid-palate. The final impression is one of a full flavoured, yet precisely poised Chenin Blanc.

Accolades:

2016 Vintage – Platter’s SA Wines

2015 Vintage – 88/100 Wine Advocate (USA)

2014 Vintage – Platter’s SA Wines, 90/100 Tim Atkins Report 2015 (UK)

2013 Vintage – Platter’s SA Wines

2012 Vintage – Platter’s SA Wines

For more information, call 021 881 8146, send an email to sean@mulderbosch.co.za or visit www.mulderbosch.co.za.

END

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>