Alongside the critically acclaimed Defender 90 and Defender 110, the new Defender 130 adds another dimension to the all-conquering family of all-terrain vehicles, with adventuring opportunities for up to eight adults across three rows of full-size seating.
In a nutshell:
- Adventure for all: New Defender 130 features extended body for greater interior space, perfect for all-terrain family expeditions with up to eight on board in superior comfort
- Defender capability: Increase in body length retains the Defender’s unstoppable off-road capability and articulations, and three rows of seating in 2+3+3 arrangement
- Trademark design: Defender silhouette elegantly extended by 340mm, for enhanced interior space with vast maximum load capacity of 2,516 litres and three rows of full-size seating
- Sophisticated explorer: Exclusive new Sedona Red colour and Four Zone Climate Control are uniquely available on Defender 130, with standard air suspension for enhanced comfort
- Extended Bright Pack: Striking exterior option pack gives New Defender 130 a unique character, with Ceres Silver Satin finish to lower body cladding around the entire vehicle
- Versatile interior: Room for up to eight to travel in comfort across three rows, plus large, flexible load area and a comprehensive choice of Defender accessories
- Advanced technology: New Defender 130 is fitted with larger 11.4-inch Pivi Pro touchscreen as standard, while occupants enjoy purer air with advanced Cabin Air Purification Plus as standard
- what3words navigation: New Defender 130 can find and navigate to any 3m square on the planet, without the need for a phone signal, using the advanced Pivi Pro infotainment system
- Unique ambiance: Sophisticated interior provided by Light Oyster leather and new Natural Light Oak veneer, with white powder-coated Cross Car Beam and extended chrome detailing
- First Edition: Carefully curated First Edition represents the very best of New Defender 130 and is available in three high-specification configurations, each with a distinct design theme
In South Africa the Defender 130 will be available with a powerful and efficient choice of powertrains, including the P400 mild-hybrid Ingenium six-cylinder petrol and the D300 Ingenium six-cylinder diesel.
Mild-Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) technology underpins Land Rover’s six-cylinder Ingenium petrol powertrain, providing seamless responses as well as enhanced fuel economy. It uses a 48V Belt-integrated Starter Generator (BiSG) that harvests energy normally lost under braking and deceleration, that is stored and utilised later in the journey, while also making the stop-start system more rapid and efficient.
- P400 – 3.0-litre six-cylinder, MHEV, 294kW, 550Nm torque at 2,000-5,000 rpm
- D300 – 3.0-litre six-cylinder, 221kW, 650Nm torque at 1,500-2,500 rpm
The P400 achieves 0-100km/h in 6.6 seconds, with ample power and refinement, while the D300 provides enhanced torque delivery, smooth responses and impressive fuel economy, alongside a 0-100km/h time of 7.5 seconds.
The New Defender 130 will be available in South Africa toward the end of 2022 with pricing to be announced closer to the time.